Thank you Sister Monica…
ONE OF MY MENTORS IN HARLEM TOLD ME A LONG TIME AGO, “THE WORSE DEATH IS TO BE TALKED TO DEATH:” SO I WILL BE BRIEF!
1. My name is H. Khalif Khalifah. I have been an admirer of The Chamber since I first met you in 2013. When you beat back the effort to stop the Baseball field in Shotton Bottom, I celebrated with you.
2. I live on a 123 acre tract of land that is a part of the birth plantation of one the greatest, most successful Mystics of all time: Great Master Nat Turner.
3. I am the Senior Tour Guide for the Revolt of Nat Turner and the Black Liberation Army that he organized and led back in 1831.
4. The history about the work of the Black Liberation is the best known AND documented of all Black history, before the discovery of how to capture sounds and pictures
5. My work to share and preserve the historical record about Nat Turner is unique: The only one that comes close o what I do is a descendant of one of the “Victims,” from a family that lost their lives trying to keep our ancestors in Chattel Slavery: They were killed; and at least one was minced, cut up into little pieces, by The Black Liberation Army of1831.
The name of the minced victim descendant is Rick Francis; and understandably, Rick Francis has a public, as well as a hidden agenda for his work with the Nat Turner documentation. Since we know how deceitful white people have been about history, I will not talk about his Hidden agenda. I too have a public agenda: mine is to earn enough money to do my work. My not so public agenda is to edify and empower Black people, historically born Black people in the United States of America
6. As an Elder closer to 4 score than 3, I am, today I am confronted by a challenge that is requiring that I either get a good job or sell the 103 acres of my greatest physical asset: The Nat Turner Land.
7. What I personally will lose if I sell; and what the National Black Community will lose in general is a place to grow whole food and herbs; The Manup Rites of Passage Camp into Black Manhood; a Place of Destination for Black people during crisis, a wholly owned wonderful place to visit and vacation; a play for adults and children to play and have some healthy fun and games
8. Finally, this coming February 11, again, we will commemorate one of the most important, but least known dates in Black History, February 12, 1831. The commemoration this year will be Saturday, February 11. One of the commemoration activities is a return visit to the Nat Turner Trail; hear some good Black music; eat some wholesome food; and added this year, is an announcement of what will probably be my last proposal to Black people to support security and the Reality to empower Black people, now in the present generation.
If I have any time remaining I will be glad to answer questions…Please give your name and any affiliation you may have with me or to Rick Francis.
I, like Nat Turner Am a practicing Mystic, but getting what I desire, living in White Supremacy Oppression, is a bit more difficult from 100 miles away.
Thank you Sister Monica…